Monday, June 23, 2014

Shopping list and recipe idea's for the week

Just a quick post - There was a little interest in what I am shopping for each week and then what I plan to make with everything. I went to the store yesterday and I can't wait to get this stuff cooked up.

Shopping List:

Cheese:
   Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar
   Cabot Pepper Jack
   Cabot Jabanero Jack
   Sargento String Cheese - Mozzarella and Cheddar (Can't beat the 0 carb snacks)

Note: I'm buying the blocks know because I found out that the pre-shredded variety sometimes has potato starch added to it to keep it from clumping. I, certainly, don't normally care, but while try to stay Keto it is just unnecessary.

Produce: Fresh Kale
  Baby Spinach
  Frozen Yellow Squash
  Fresh Broccoli
  2 English Cucumbers
  Dill (I buy the pre-prepared variety to save some hassle)
  Portabella Mushroom Caps
  Black Berries (Really low on the glycemic index and fairly low in carbs. I'm going to try to make a BBQ sauce out of these. I can't go much longer without BBQ chicken.)

Meat:
  2 London Broils
  Angus Skirt Steak
  Chicken Breast
  Chicken Quarters
  Turkey Pepperoni

Note: All of these meats were on sale. Unless I have a specific request I only buy the sale meat.

Misc:
  Coconut Milk
  Coconut Flour
  85% Cocoa Lindt Dark Chocolate
  16 oz Daisy Sour Cream
  24 oz Daisy Sour Cream
  Dukes Mayo
  Montreal Steak Seasoning Marinade
  Mexican Fiesta Marinade
  Large Can of San Marzano Peeled Whole Tomatoes
  Pork Rines
   
Meals and Snacks for the Week:

  Portabella mushroom pizzas
  Pan Fried Tuna Patties with homemade tartar
  Grilled Skirt Steak with cucumber sauce and sauteed squash and broccoli
  Chicken and Steak Kabobs
  Grilled Coconut and ginger marinaded Chicken
  Roasted Kale Chips
  Bacon and Cheese Deviled Eggs
  Dark chocolate dipped blackberrries
   
 I'll post the recipes after I cook up the dishes. I usually shoot from the hip when cooking, so it's a little hard to predict the exact process of each thing.

Stay tuned for the scrumptious, goodness that is on it's way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment