Friday, June 27, 2014

Contemplation

Frustration and confusion are the words of the day. I weighed in this morning at 219 and change. It has been almost two weeks on this diet and 4 lbs down. It's been 4 lbs for the last week. It's far too early for this to be a plateau, and I'm confused. I've been in the gym 6 times and played 4 hours of softball in this time frame and still only lost 4 lbs. Typically when I go on a strict calorie deficit diet I can drop 10lbs in 2 weeks with little trouble. I've given the keto diet two strong weeks, and now I'm going to give a calorie deficit diet two weeks.

I have felt great on the keto diet. I have not been hungry and I really didn't feel like I was going without. With the calorie deficit I'm sure that's going to be a little different. I'm not sure if I am going to try to maintain very low carbs, but I will definitely be sticking with good veggies and lean meats. One night a week I will still enjoy a break from the diet, but in moderation.

According to myfitnesspal my maintenance calorie intake would be 2780 calories. I think that is a little high, but I am going to try to keep my intake between 1750 and 1900 calories a day. My take on low calorie diets is not to eat foods labeled as diet (except for Diet Coke, but that's because I prefer the flavor) or low-fat, but to eat full fat and full flavored things in healthy portions. This is going to require a bit more preparation each day.  I will try to stick 200-400-800 caloric 3 meal scheduled and then 2-3 snacks that are 150 calories or less. For snacks I like a Greek yogurt, gold fish (remember that I have a 4 year old, so there are always plenty of those around. Also, it has a 55 piece serving size for under 150 calories, so it is very satisfying), or a Kind granola bar.

I understand two weeks it a bit short to be giving up on the keto diet, but I don't want to feel like I am spinning my wheels in anything I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment